Engineered Timber Flooring
Timber Engineered Flooring
Engineered timber flooring usually has a 0.6mm to 6mm hardwood top layer and multi plywood or different hardwood/softwood backing.
The natural hardwood layer is protected by several layers of coating that both give the flooring its fantastic colours and provide protection from external factors.
Multi plywood backing makes the flooring more structurally stable, the increased stability is achieved by running each layer at a 90° angle to the layer above. These floorings are less prone to crowning and cupping when compared to solid timber flooring due to the method of construction of the flooring.
Engineered wood flooring is the most common type of wood flooring in Europe and has been growing in popularity in North America and Australia.
Benefits of having Engineered Timber Flooring:
There are quite a lot of benefits for having engineered timber floors. Some of them are listed below:
- Most Engineered Timber Flooring comes pre-finished which means there is a reduction in the installation period.
- Engineered timber floors are made up of several layers which makes the structurally more stable. Doesn’t contract or expand as much as solid hardwood flooring.
- It is easy to clean these floors as you can simply sweep the floors or use a slightly damp mop.
- These can be installed as floating or direct stick method.
- Engineered flooring is easier to install when compared to Solid Timber flooring.
- Engineered Flooring can be installed in all sorts of residential buildings including houses, units and apartments.
Supply & Install Engineered Timber Flooring Sydney
Lion King Flooring also provides Engineered flooring supply and install service throughout Sydney including Eastern suburbs, Western suburbs, Northern Beaches, Hills district, Canterbury – Bankstown, Forest District, Central Coast, Illawarra-Shoalhaven and the Blue Mountains. Please contact our friendly team for a no-obligation quote.
Supply Only and Delivery Engineered Timber Flooring
We allow pick-up from our warehouse in Sydney (Guildford NSW 2161). We can also arrange deliveries to most of the areas in Australia including all New South Wales, Queensland, Melbourne, Adelaide and surrounding areas.
Maintaining your Engineered Timber Floor
You can easily maintain your engineered timber flooring. Dry cleaning of the floor should be carried out regularly to remove loose dirt, grit and dust. Use a Dusting pad or soft broom. If vacuum cleaning, the cleaning head must have a soft brush to not damage the floor.
You can take the following steps to keep your floors in top condition:
- Keep your engineered timber flooring clean and dry.
- You can use a broom, microfiber dust mop or a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush to clean the engineered timber flooring.
- Avoiding leaving liquids on top the engineered timber flooring for prolonged periods, make sure to clean it as soon as possible.
- On the entrances of the rooms where you have the engineered timber flooring installed, you can keep mats. This will enable you to protect your floors’ top wear layer.
- Whenever you’re cleaning the floors, make sure you don’t use steel wool, strong detergents or wax-based cleaners.