Premium hybrid flooring for your space
If you’re looking for hybrid flooring in Sydney or across NSW and ACT, you’ve come to the right place — because here at Lion King Flooring, we’re a leading supplier of SPC hybrid flooring. Versatile and suitable for all types of home decor, hybrid flooring is a great-looking and durable flooring option for commercial and residential spaces. Whether you’re looking for a specific style, colour or finish, our range of hybrid flooring options will help you transform your space with style and purpose.
What is hybrid flooring?
Hybrid flooring is made of a mix of two popular types of flooring technologies — laminate and vinyl to make a hard-wearing flooring option with the best qualities of both floor types. Hybrid flooring withstands moisture like vinyl and is easy to install like laminate flooring.
The latest SPC hybrid flooring at Lion King Flooring
Our expansive range of hybrid flooring offers a variety of looks, styles and finishes. Our hybrid waterproof flooring styles merge seamlessly into all home and interior styles. The top decorative layer of hybrid flooring mimics the look of timber flooring; a limestone composite core board makes it temperature-resistant and waterproof, and provides an acoustic backing that absorbs sound.
We have hybrid flooring available in a variety of thickness ranging from 5.5 to 9mm. This allows you to cover larger areas effortlessly and ensures that you have an even and stable surface.
Advantages of hybrid flooring
In recent years, convenient and durable hybrid flooring has grown in popularity due to its multiple advantages. These include:
- Easy to install — It’s straightforward and convenient to install, even if you’re not a DIY pro, a home renovation expert or a flooring installer. The quick and easy installation process makes hybrid flooring an optimal solution for residential and commercial spaces.
- Waterproof — Taking the best parts of vinyl and laminate, hybrid flooring is a waterproof option. This makes it easy to clean and reduces maintenance time. Due to its waterproof capacity, hybrid flooring is a good choice for kitchens and bars without any risk of splitting or swelling. Our SPC hybrid flooring also features a highly water-resistant IXPE underlay backing making it extremely resistant to water damage or staining.
- Stylish — Made using advanced printing techniques, hybrid flooring is available in hundreds of prints and colours. This flooring realistically imitates textures and materials, making it perfect for all types of classic interior design trends.
- Hypoallergenic — Hybrid flooring is hypoallergenic. Unlike carpets, it won’t absorb dust or grime particles, making it a great alternative for those with allergies or asthma.
- Resistant to mould — Due to the unique manufacturing process, hybrid waterproof flooring is resistant to mould and mildew, making it a top choice for wet areas such as kitchens and bars.
- Environmentally-friendly — Hybrid flooring doesn’t contain harmful phthalates or heavy metals. Our HydroTuff hybrid flooring carries a Green Star rating for VOC (Volatile Organic Compound emission) and Super E0 rating for formaldehyde emission tested in Australian laboratories.
- Better acoustic performances — The IXPE acoustic underlay backing of SPC hybrid flooring provides acoustic insulation, allowing it to absorb sound. This makes SPC hybrid flooring an excellent option for upstairs rooms. The cork backing is also hypoallergenic but the IXPE has more water resistance – it doesn’t absorb dust, which is great for people with asthma or allergies.
Hybrid flooring is worth the investment
Many customers ask us whether hybrid floorboards are worth the cost. Hybrid flooring is more durable than regular vinyl or laminate flooring, making it a wise long-term investment. Combined with its durability, resistance to scratches and waterproof capabilities, hybrid flooring can last for decades to come.
Everyday maintenance for your hybrid flooring
While it’s hard-wearing and long-lasting, hybrid flooring needs some basic maintenance and upkeep. This includes vacuuming, sweeping and mopping to get rid of grime and dirt. Even though hybrid flooring is water-resistant, it’s also recommended to clean up accidental spills as soon as they occur to avoid staining. Also, try to shield your hybrid flooring from direct sunshine as this can cause it to fade or react to extreme temperature changes.
Discover high-quality hybrid flooring with us
Lion King Flooring is the leading Australian expert on stone polymer composite (SPC) hybrid flooring. An engineered luxury composite, this flooring solution capitalises on the power of limestone and other stabilisers to create a super-strong core.
Easy hybrid flooring delivery across Australia
Here at Lion King flooring, we ship and deliver hybrid flooring all over the country. Freight fees vary on the quantity and products that you will order. Before checkout, request a freight quote to determine your shipping fee.
Supply and install in and around Sydney
We supply and install hybrid flooring in and around Sydney. To make the installation process easier, we have created instructional installation guides to help you install your SPC hybrid flooring in no time. If you’re based in Sydney or its surrounding areas and need a hand with installation, we’ll be more than happy to help. Just let us know when you’re finalising your purchase, and we’ll discuss the installation details with you.
Lion King Flooring — hybrid flooring experts near you
Looking to make the switch to hybrid flooring? At Lion King Flooring, our flooring experts are more than happy to consult you about the appropriate style and the look you are trying to create in your space. Along with our range of hybrid flooring, we also stock a range of accessories to compliment your new flooring. This includes staircase accessories, trims, edging and underlays for you to pair with your hybrid flooring.
Ready to explore our hybrid flooring styles? If you have any questions, feel free to contact us to discuss your needs with our hybrid flooring experts. Get a quote on our products and installation services, and start your hybrid flooring journey with us today!
What is hybrid flooring made of?
Hybrid waterproof flooring is constructed with four layers of different materials. The multi-layered structure of hybrid flooring includes:
- Top layer — This hard-wearing, scratch and indent resistant layer has an additional UV-resistant coating, which minimises fading caused by the sun.
- Printing layer — This design or print layer mimics various colours, prints or material finishes in popular varieties such as timber or stone.
- Board core — The SPC hybrid flooring is made of stone and PVC. This creates the base or body of the hybrid floor.
- Underlayment — This cushioned layer creates a comfortable underfoot feel and adds advanced acoustic features to the hybrid flooring.
What is the cost of hybrid flooring?
The cost of hybrid flooring varies on the thickness and dimensions of the floorboard. Generally, hybrid flooring is more expensive than traditional laminate floors but less expensive than Timber floors.
Are hybrid floors safe?
Good quality hybrid flooring is safe. You need to check the locally tested Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) emission and fire test reports to verify the quality of the raw materials.
Can we lay hybrid flooring over existing floors or tiles?
Yes, hybrid floorings can be easily installed over the existing floors or tiles. The existing flooring should be properly levelled for a successful installation.
How difficult is it to install the hybrid floors?
Hybrid floors are easy to install, as they come with a Click-Lock system. However, you will need to have some DIY experiences and competence to handle power tools safely.
Do we need an additional underlay while installing hybrid floors?
Although not necessary, underlayment can improve your floor’s performance. Hybrid floors may be put over concrete, plywood, and existing flooring. An underlay can enhance cushioning, sound absorption, and smooth surface flaws.
What is the main difference between hybrid and laminate floors?
Laminate floors are water resistant, whereas hybrid ones are 100% waterproof. Laminate floors require additional underlay, while the hybrid floors come with in-built underlay.
How difficult is it to maintain the hybrid floors?
Hybrid floors are easy to maintain and clean. You can use a broom or vacuum to remove dust from the floor or a mop to wipe away spills. It is important to note that hybrid floors don’t go well with steam cleaners.
Can hybrid floors be installed in washrooms/bathrooms?
It’s not advisable to install them in washrooms because of its Click-Lock flooring system. Any floor movement could result in water getting trapped between the hybrid and concrete flooring, resulting in mould growth.
Is skirting and scotia required in hybrid flooring?
Yes, skirting and scotia are required to cover the expansion gaps between the floor and the wall.
Skirting and scotia are hybrid flooring components. Skirting hides the subfloor and finishes the floor’s margins. Scotia is a strip of cloth used to form a lip around the floor’s edge, preventing water and dirt from being dragged onto it. Together, skirting and scotia give hybrid floors a neat, polished appearance.
Why is SPC hybrid flooring gaining ground?
People are choosing this new flooring material over other options because hybrid flooring has the following qualities:
- Strength — Its density makes it resistant to heavyweight or high-impact damage. It’s also resistant to scratches and stains, making it an ideal option for areas of high traffic, such as commercial spaces.
- Stability — It can be installed in any building vulnerable to moisture and extreme temperature. Its dense, rigid core limits any flooring expansion or contraction.
- Waterproof — Most users prefer waterproof flooring because it’s durable enough to stand years of wear and tear, and it’s easy to maintain, so users don’t have to spend as much time or money keeping it looking its best.
- Mould and mildew resistant — Unlike pure synthetic flooring, hybrid flooring is made of synthetic materials and natural fibres.Since mould thrives in damp, dark environments, adding natural fibres helps keep the floors drier and better-ventilated. The synthetic fibres are treated with antimicrobial agents that help prevent mould and mildew growth.
- Attractive — It mimics wood or stone in all the latest colours and styles. Check out the hydrotuff and hydrotuff classic range for inspiration.
- Low-maintenance — There is no need to perform an intense deep cleaning to maintain your flooring’s appearance. You can vacuum regularly and damp mop occasionally to keep it looking stunning.
- Environment-friendly — Exposure to this material is not harmful to health since it does not contain heavy metals or chemicals like phthalates. Apart from its natural fibres, it also consisted of a cork backing with low carbon emissions.
- Easy to install — Unlike solid hardwood or laminate, SPC hybrid flooring is DIY-friendly. Snap-together tiles and tongue-and-groove boards simplify installation. Most pieces can be cut using a utility knife and a straight edge.