Premium hybrid flooring for your space
Innovative, durable, and highly convenient, hybrid flooring is the future of flooring. If you’re looking for hybrid flooring in Sydney or across NSW and ACT, you’ve come to the right place — because here at Lion King Flooring, we’re one of the leading suppliers of SPC hybrid flooring. Versatile and suitable for all types of home decor, hybrid flooring is an aesthetically pleasing, easy to maintain and durable option for commercial and residential spaces. Whether you’re looking for a specific style, colour or finish, our range of hybrid waterproof flooring options will help you transform your space with style and purpose.
What is hybrid flooring?
Recent innovations in flooring have introduced new-age hybrid waterproof flooring solutions. As the name suggests, hybrid flooring is made using two popular flooring techniques — laminate and vinyl. This unifies the best qualities of both floor techniques and makes hybrid flooring a hard-wearing and tough flooring solution. SPC hybrid waterproof flooring withstands moisture like vinyl and is easy to install, like laminate flooring.
This modern and stylish flooring technique has become the go-to for interior designers, builders and homeowners across the country. With an endless list of decorative top layers, hybrid waterproof flooring caters to a whole range of interior design styles and decor themes while being a highly functional flooring choice for all types of housing designs.
What is the hybrid flooring structure?
Hybrid waterproof flooring is constructed with multiple layers of different materials to create a unique and cohesive floorboard. The multi-layered structure of hybrid flooring includes:
- Top layer — This hard-wearing, scratch and indent resistant layer has an additional UV-resistant coating, minimize fading caused by the sun.
- Printing layer — This is the design or print layer. It mimics various colours, prints or material finishes in popular varieties such as timber or stone.
- Board core — The SPC hybrid flooring is made of stone and PVC. This creates the base or body of the hybrid floor.
- Underlayment — This cushioned layer creates a comfortable underfoot feel and adds advanced acoustic features to the hybrid flooring.
Explore the latest hybrid flooring at Lion King Flooring
At Lion King Flooring, you’ll have access to our expansive range of hybrid waterproof flooring in various looks, styles and finishes. Our hybrid waterproof flooring styles merge seamlessly with all types of home and interior styles. The top decorative layer of our hybrid flooring imitates the look of timber, stone and marble finishes with a limestone composite core board that makes it temperature-resistant and waterproof — it also provides an acoustic backing that absorbs sound.
As flooring specialists, we stock hybrid waterproof flooring in a range of thicknesses, from 5.5 to 9mm. These dimensions allow you to cover larger areas and ensure that you’ve achieved an even and stable surface, regardless of the floorplan.
Advantages of hybrid flooring
In recent years, durable hybrid flooring has grown in popularity due to its multiple advantages. These include:
- Easy to install — It’s straightforward and convenient to install, even if you’re not a DIY pro, a home renovation expert or a flooring installer. The quick and easy installation process makes hybrid flooring an optimal solution for residential and commercial spaces.
- Waterproof — Taking the best parts of vinyl and laminate, hybrid flooring is a waterproof option. This makes it easy to clean and reduces maintenance time. Due to its waterproof capacity, hybrid flooring is a good choice for kitchens and bars without any risk of splitting or swelling. Our SPC hybrid flooring also features a highly water-resistant IXPE underlay backing making it extremely resistant to water damage or staining.
- Stylish — Made using advanced printing techniques, hybrid flooring is available in hundreds of prints and colours. This flooring realistically imitates textures and materials, making it perfect for all types of classic interior design trends.
- Hypoallergenic — Hybrid flooring is hypoallergenic. Unlike carpets, it won’t absorb dust or grime particles, making it a great alternative for those with allergies or asthma.
- Resistant to mould — Due to the unique manufacturing process, hybrid waterproof flooring is resistant to mould and mildew, making it a top choice for wet areas such as kitchens and bars.
- Environmentally-friendly — Hybrid flooring doesn’t contain harmful phthalates or heavy metals. Our HydroTuff hybrid flooring carries a Green Star rating for VOC (Volatile Organic Compound emission) and Super E0 rating for formaldehyde emission tested in Australian laboratories.
- Acoustic overlay — The high-quality IXPE acoustic underlay backing of our SPC hybrid flooring provides acoustic insulation, allowing it to absorb sound. This makes it an excellent option for upstairs rooms and floors.
- Scratch-resistant — One of the best things about SPC hybrid waterproof flooring is its high resistance to dents and scratches. Unlike other materials, SPC hybrid flooring is designed to maintain its composition and top layer regardless of daily wear and tear.
- Underfoot feel — SPC hybrid flooring is a great flooring option for homes as it provides a comforting underfoot feel while walking.
- Repair friendly — It’s easy to repair damaged hybrid flooring — simply unclick it, take it out of the setting and seamlessly replace it with an alternate floorboard.
- Minimal expansion and contraction — While pure vinyl flooring is susceptible to temperature changes, SPC hybrid flooring has been formulated to face hot and cold temperature fluctuations with ease. Hybrid flooring doesn’t create uneven surfaces, swelled up planks or tiles, or lead to hefty repair bills as it withstands rapid temperature changes with minimal expansion and contraction.
Hybrid flooring is worth the investment
Many customers ask us whether hybrid floorboards are worth the cost. Hybrid flooring is more durable than regular vinyl or laminate flooring, making it a wise long-term investment. Combined with its durability, resistance to scratches and waterproof capabilities, hybrid flooring can last for decades to come.
Cost of hybrid waterproof flooring installation
The cost of the innovative hybrid waterproof flooring varies according to colour, size and style. We provide samples of all our hybrid flooring styles so you can find the right option for your space. Our samples are 10cm offcuts, giving you an accurate understanding of how your new floor will look before deciding on a final hybrid flooring design.
Everyday maintenance for your hybrid flooring
While it’s hard-wearing and long-lasting, hybrid flooring needs some basic maintenance and upkeep. This includes vacuuming, sweeping and mopping to get rid of dust, grime and dirt. Even though hybrid flooring is waterproof and resistant to stains, it’s recommended that you clean up accidental spills as soon as they occur. While it has a UV-resistant layer, we also recommend shielding your hybrid flooring from direct sunlight as this can cause it to fade or react to extreme temperature changes.
Discover high-quality SPC hybrid flooring with us today
Lion King Flooring is the leading Australian expert on stone polymer composite SPC hybrid flooring. An engineered luxury composite, this flooring solution capitalises on the power of limestone and other stabilisers to create a super-strong core. Our SPC hybrid flooring is more dense and durable while being highly affordable for all types of interior design projects.
Delivering high-quality SPC hybrid flooring across Australia
Here at Lion King flooring, we ship hybrid flooring all over the country. To make the installation process easier, we have created instructional installation guides to help you install your SPC hybrid flooring in no time. If you’re based in Sydney or its surrounding areas and need a hand with installation, we’ll be more than happy to help. Just let us know when you’re finalising your purchase, and we’ll discuss the installation details with you.
Find the premium hybrid flooring at Lion King Flooring today
Looking to make the switch to hybrid flooring? At Lion King Flooring, our flooring specialists are happy to consult with you about the appropriate style and finish you are trying to create in your space. Our team is highly focused on finding the best flooring solution based on your needs and requirements. Along with our range of hybrid flooring, we also stock a collection of accessories, including staircase accessories, trims, edging and underlays that seamlessly pair with your chosen hybrid flooring.
Ready to explore our hybrid flooring styles? If you have any questions, please contact us to discuss your needs with our hybrid flooring experts. Get a quote on our products and installation services, and start your hybrid flooring journey with us today!
What is SPC Hybrid Flooring?
SPC stands for stone polymer composite, which is hybrid flooring at its best. SPC is engineered from natural limestone powder and virgin PVC, resulting in flooring that’s highly durable and very stable.
Why SPC Hybrid Flooring is gaining ground
People are choosing this new material over other flooring options for the following reasons:
- SPC flooring is strong. Its density makes it very resistant to damage from heavyweight or high impact. It’s also resistant to scratches and stains. It’s an ideal option for areas of high traffic, such as commercial spaces.
- SPC flooring is stable. It can be installed in any building vulnerable exposure from moisture and extreme temperature variations. The dense, rigid core limits any expansion or contraction of the flooring.
- SPC floors are 100% waterproof. If you’re searching for a flooring waterproof solution, you’ve found it!
- SPC flooring is resistant to mould and mildew.
- SPC floors look beautiful. It convincingly mimics wood or stone in all the latest colours and styles. Check out the hydrotuff and hydrotuff classic range for inspiration.
- SPC flooring is low-maintenance – regular vacuuming and an occasional damp mop will keep it looking stunning.
- SPC is environmentally-friendly. It does not contain phthalates or heavy metals. Also, the cork backing is low on carbon emissions.
- SPC flooring is easy to install with a range of DIY options.
Which rooms is hybrid flooring most suitable for?
Hybrid flooring is highly versatile and durable, so it’s suitable for most rooms in your home. Whether it’s your living room, bedroom, home office, playroom — hybrid flooring is an excellent way to bring a touch of elegance to your surroundings.
However, we wouldn’t recommend it for bathrooms. Although it’s waterproof and easy to clean, due to the installation process and potential for complete immersion in bathrooms, water may leak in under the flooring, which could then damage the floor. Therefore, we don’t recommend Hybrid Flooring in bathrooms, but it’s one of our favourite options for any other room in the home. Due to its durability, Hybrid flooring is most suitable for high traffic areas such as entryways, living rooms and hallways or other areas that require frequent cleaning.
Can hybrid flooring be easily cleaned?
Yes. One of the main benefits of hybrid flooring is that it provides the look and feel of hardwood flooring without requiring the same high level of maintenance. Able to be easily vacuumed, swept or mopped, hybrid flooring can also be wiped down with microfibre cloths and mild cleaning products.
Why buy hybrid flooring from Lion King Flooring?
Lion King Flooring are long-time experts in a variety of flooring materials, installation techniques and aftercare. We’re one of Australia’s leading stockists of alternative flooring supplies, such as Hybrid Flooring, and at the forefront of technology within the flooring industry — so when you buy from us, you can be assured that you’re getting the best. You can easily purchase test samples of our Hybrid Flooring and other flooring types on our website and in our Sydney based showroom, where our experts are always ready to help you find the perfect flooring for your home.
Can Lion King Flooring ship anywhere in Australia?
We certainly can. We’re a Sydney-based company and more than happy to ship your flooring supplies anywhere around Australia. And if you’re wondering how to install hybrid flooring, we can also talk you through the process.
Additionally, if you’re based in or around the Sydney Metro area, we’re able to carry out installation for you too. Get in touch with the team at Lion King Flooring today — we’ll be more than happy to help with any questions you might have.