SPC Waterproof Flooring
What is SPC flooring?
SPC stands for stone polymer composite, which is hybrid flooring at its best. SPC is engineered from natural limestone powder and virgin PVC, resulting in flooring that’s highly durable and very stable.
Why SPC flooring is gaining ground
People are choosing this new material over other flooring options for the following reasons:
- SPC flooring is strong. Its density makes it very resistant to damage from heavyweight or high impact. It’s also resistant to scratches and stains. It’s an ideal option for areas of high traffic, such as commercial spaces.
- SPC flooring is stable. It can be installed in any building vulnerable exposure from moisture and extreme temperature variations. The dense, rigid core limits any expansion or contraction of the flooring.
- SPC floors are 100% waterproof. If you’re searching for a flooring waterproof solution, you’ve found it!
- SPC flooring is resistant to mould and mildew.
- SPC floors look beautiful. It convincingly mimics wood or stone in all the latest colours and styles. Check out the hydrotuff and hydrotuff classic range for inspiration.
- SPC flooring is low-maintenance – regular vacuuming and an occasional damp mop will keep it looking stunning.
- SPC is environmentally-friendly. It does not contain phthalates or heavy metals. Also, the cork backing is low on carbon emissions.
- SPC flooring is easy to install with a range of DIY options.
The advantages of cork backing
The cork backing of SPC floors provides acoustic insulation by absorbing sound. This makes SPC an excellent option for upstairs rooms. The cork backing is also hypoallergenic – it doesn’t absorb dust, which is great for people with asthma or allergies.
Hybrid flooring price
SPC flooring is very affordable. It’s true that it’s not as cheap as vinyl or laminate flooring, but the extra benefits of this new material make it a very smart investment indeed.
If you’d like to experience the new, advanced hybrid flooring Australia is getting excited about, contact Lion King Flooring today.