Picking the right paint for your walls can be a pain – but changing the colour doesn’t require a lot of money. When it comes to floorboards, you’ll want to make the right choice that will last a lifetime.
For this reason, we’ve decided to give you five fantastic floorboard options for your home. We’ll list the pros and cons of each one so that you can be sure you’re making the proper choice.
Laminate, such as ours, is a fantastic option for your flooring. It comes with a 25-year structural warranty, excellent wear resistance, and beautiful embossing.
- Multiple styles & options
- Stain resistant
- Susceptible to water damage
Solid Timber Flooring
Solid timber flooring is an outstanding option for your floors, and ours comes from Australian timber!
- Superb quality & resilience
- Easy cleaning
- Ages gracefully
- Cannot be installed on top of concrete subfloor without additional plywood.
- Not allowed to install in units by strata
SPC Hybrid Flooring
SPC is a relatively new type of flooring. SPC stands for stone plastic composite, and it’s a very resilient, tough, and durable and affordable floating flooring option.
- Very tough
- Water proof
- Requires a good levelled subfloor
- Cannot be cleaned using steam mops
Engineered Timber Floorboards (ETF)
Engineered timber floorboards are a fantastic flooring option for multiple reasons. They’re affordable, damage-resistant, good looking, and last a lifetime!
- Easy to clean
- Floating floorboard friendly
- Not waterproof
- Boards can only be sanded a few times(if the timber veneer is more than 3mm thick) compared to solid timber.
Get Some Fantastic Floorboards Now!
If you’re looking for the best selection of floorboard options in Australia, you need not look any further than Lion King Flooring! We stock all the popular floorboard options and offer you a selection of manufacturers to choose from – so contact us today and learn more about what we can do for you.